- Builds children’s self esteem
- Kids have fun learning practical skills and knowledge
- Lots of recognition of achievement
- Trips to enjoyable places you might not get to otherwise
- Meet other families with similar interests
- Parents and siblings are involved
- Learn about community
- Easy participation in high-quality events without doing it all yourself
- Dens usually meet two evenings a month; boys do activities toward requirements for achievement awards.
- Pack meetings are one evening a month on Wednesday, and feature award recognition and fun activities
What Pack 628 is NOT
- Militaristic – Boys generally like wearing the Scout uniform.
- Exclusive – We welcome boys and families of all backgrounds.
- Particularly Religious – Scouting intentionally embraces all religions of God and offers achievement awards for learning about 25 of the world’s religions.
- A Day Care – Even if you don’t want to volunteer to lead activities, you are encouraged to attend the meetings and events and be with your son. Our activities are parent/son oriented